Pennie and Cleve: Stealing From Members to Overpay Me

Union officials love to steal our money and corrupt other officials
Thief by Art Explosion
President Pennie and Secretary-Treasurer Cleve are as rotten as Dixon and Lane. Against my wishes as written in a three legal pay voucher, they have been overpaying me when I was on union payroll. 

Below is the text of an email complaint I sent to International President John Costa. Of course, he will do nothing. However, it was cc'd to President Pennie and Secretary-Treasurer Cleve Atkins.

I intend on updating this article to keep you apprised of what happens next.

Dear Brother International President Costa:

I explicitly ran for office on the principle of never accepting more pay from Local 308 than what the CTA pays me, signing all of my vouchers for $42.53 (not $46.78).

Yet upon closer investigation, I have discovered that our president and secretary-treasurer has been paying me more than I signed. What really annoys me is that I even discussed this with Vice President Mark Weems when I turned in my first voucher, he acknowledged and commended me for such a principle.

When I engaged with the Secretary-Treasurer on the phone today, he REFUSED to comply with my wishes to CEASE AND DESIST paying me more than my CTA hourly rate to repair trains. I threatened to put charges on him and the president repeatedly. He still refused. Then he muted or hung up on me.

I have attached the signed vouchers. Whenever I make a little mistake on a day for work, I am notified by someone in the union office. But why was I never notified for this "mistake" regarding the pay rate for which I signed? This is fraud!

Since she doesn't give a damn about Section 15(b) and many other bylaws, why is this overpaying me such an issue? I DON'T WANT THE MONEY! STOP PAYING ME MORE THAN I AM PAID AT THE CTA! Nor do I want to deal with the hassle of figuring out how much is paid with deductions to pay back or donate it! 

I don't want to be paid more than the CTA is paying me! I don't want it. I don't need it! The members certainly cannot afford it! Ironically, she says she will not abide by Section 15(b) to give me my 6 days off at union pay because it's "not smart" to pay all that money.

So President Pennie won't let me do the job I was elected to do because it costs too much money. Yet, along with doling out pay to supporters, charities and sports, she mocks my wishes to save the members' money by forcing this extra money on me to sort out!

Moreover, they are FALSIFYING my pay vouchers! NOWHERE did I put more than $42.53/hour!

This is TOTAL HYPOCRISY and TOTALLY ILLEGAL. She and the Secretary-Treasurer are only doing this because they want to punish me for unconditionally defending the members and exposing their corrupt, illegal acts.

Let this email message be my official and legal document of declaration that Local 308 will NOT pay me more than what the CTA pays me for my qualified rate per hour as per the Collective Bargaining Agreement!

Please advise them to CEASE AND DESIST paying me more than I sign for our I will put Section 22 charges on BOTH OF THEM for financial malfeasance! Moreover, I will also put Section 22 charges on the president for violating Section 15(b) by not giving me 6 days a month to do my job as Executive Board member.

--
Brother Eric Basir
Local 308 Union Steward
Local 308 Vehicle Maintenance Executive Board
779-456-6460

Comments

Popular Articles