Boogeyman On Strike…Against President Pennie McCoach!

President Pennie needs to give me my 6 days as per the bylaws!
It is almost impossible to keep up with all the problems in the Shops caused by mismanagement. I only have two days and a few hours after and before work of my own time to help members. 

This is unsustainable. 

President Pennie, VP Mark and my fellow officers don't care that her refusal to release me from work—on union payroll—is allowing mismanagers to abuse, sicken, punish and fire ATU Local 308 members. 

We have multiple mismanagers that are violating the Illinois Labor Relations Act, the Contract and other human rights endowed to CTA workers and she is doing NOTHING to help me fight them. They have tried to have me arrested. They have tried to have me written up. Still no help. No response. Just smugness and non-committed deferrals to seeking "counsel" with our CTA "union" lawyer.

She and my fellow officers seem very content that I we are failing in our sworn duty to serve the members so they can have money for fat paychecks, parties, sports and patronage to their loyalists.

She has spat in the face of workers who elected me for the last time.

Effective immediately, I am withholding all reports and cooperation with President Pennie until she gives me the 6 days off a month as per the Local 308 bylaws

I have been a dependable Executive Board member with giving her abundant reports and keeping her informed about what is going on in the Shops. Every member I have represented was dutifully fought for and made each mismanager fear and respect the workers a little bit more. 

Yet week after week, she insists that I must martyr my job by going to shops on my way to Howard, knowing perfectly how well the mismanagers there will write me up for DOING MY JOB as a union rep. I am not exaggerating. Depending on what happens between now and March 28th, you will see the evidence.

Moreover, she and the Executive Bored have ignored all attempts I have made for a ceasefire and reconciliation. My offers still stand by the way. However, I will not be silent as they hurt my coworkers, violate the bylaws and help the CTA mismanagement destroy our jobs and lives.

Plain and simple: She wants me to be fired. She couldn't toss me out as a union rep with false charges. So she is working with my employer to do it. The CTA mismanagement is pleased with her and Local 241 President Keith Hill. They will work to keep them in the seat of president for another few terms. 

Regardless of how you feel about me, section 15(b) of the bylaws is simple to follow. 

She spends thousands of our dollars on a farcical "safety committee", false charges against radical union reps, parties, sports and taking non-elected people off for "arbitration" duties. Ironically, she overpays me $4/hour for the little time I am off (which I have recently confirmed). Charges against her and Secretary-Treasurer Cleve Atkins for falsifying my payroll vouchers are in the works.

Why can't she release funds for me to do the job for which I was elected?

Simple: She knows I am inspiring members to take our union back from the CTA and teaching them how to take power from the terrorists who are ruining members' lives and destroying public transportation in Chicago. 

She knows I am not a "leader" out here chasing clout and selling hope for lies. I am a Revolutionary. A man who fears no one but The God and His Promise to vanquish the Wicked Bloodsuckers of the Poor. So I need no favors. No praise. No riches. No titles. No carnal weapons. My only weapon is Truth.

This would all mean the end of her "good relationships" with mismanagement. This would mean the possibility that she must help members organize strikes (it's all that angry members talk about to me). Like "Out-Of-Order-And-Run-Em-Over" Dixon, Feckless Franklin, Kelly the Democracy Krusher and all the boss agents before her, she will make sure to never allow us to get even close to striking.

But she will stand up, holding an ATU ON STRIKE picket sign with Local 689 in Fairfax, Virginia. 

Yeah, right. 

As my strike against her carries on, I will continue fulfilling my obligation to cooperate with and provide reports for the members. When you get written up, I will be there for you—only as long as President Pennie does not block me from being released from work (or I have free time between shifts or on my days off). I encourage members who have not done so, to register for my Virtual Union Hall so you can keep up with what is happening. 

My strike against her will end when she gives me 6 days a month—or she is removed from office by the membership.

Comments

Popular Articles