Suspended By CTA Mismanagement!

In a totally retaliatory act by a vindictive CTA mismanager, I was hit with a 2nd Step Safety Violation for using email (through my phone) to communicate with that mismanager regarding Quality Inspection (Q.I.) scores while on lunch break. 

These scores are allegedly being used to berate workers in another rail maintenance shop. The mismanger refused to share with me the scores. So I filed an unfair labor practice charge.

Some days later, that mismanager found some contrivance to "prove" I was doing "union business" instead of working for the CTA. All the while, I was on lunch during the communications. The "evidence" was sent to my manager and here I am. It was a clever trap. 

A grievance and other actions are being initiated. A short protest outside of Howard Shop and speech at Howard Terminal was recorded by my retired CTA worker union sister, Kathy S.

I believe it is the sole mission of CTA mismanagement to denigrate the CTA workers and destroy public transportation in Chicago. I took a big loss in that battle today. I am now just about one step away from termination with unjust "Accelerated Discipline." The hit will be on my record for two years and it includes a one-day suspension.

Many coworkers are unhappy about it. Some are scared. A few are overjoyed.

Regardless, I serve a very Real, Living God. I believe He is teaching me how to be a better Revolutionary in this battle against the enemies of the masses. Life is short. My time is very limited. Doing what is right for the sake of Righteousness is what my soul desires. 

However, improvement in my techniques is critical to increasing my chances to survive the losses—and increase the wins. Meanwhile, I invite all CTA workers to register for my Virtual Union Hall so you can stay in-the-know about what is going on with our union and at work.

Comments

Popular Articles