Fall 2026 Shop Worker Pick
UPDATE (9/28/2026): I submitted the final feedback from the Pick Sheets. Only 9 members submitted comments. Here was the last four: (1) Rumor is that Howard Shop will be doing full truck replacements on a bunch of stored 2600s in the near future. Issues of pay differential etc. aside, if this is true, then why not add some more Truck Shop positions to Howard for this pick? Take some of the burden off the regular Truck Shop crews and a shop supporting three major lines. (2) Is it a good time to bring up seniority issue caused by management tampering and changing 308 members around. (3) We have over 450 units traveling on the redline, why is the PM shift motor cleaner being removed from Howard Shop? Even the managers and supervisors there don’t agree with that. (4) I also included a chart of what type of Pick and dates members wanted:
UPDATE (9/24/2026): Finally I received the draft Shop Pick Sheets. Effective (start) date is said to by November 1, 2026. I merged Servicer, Repairer and Motor Blower into a single PDF here. I have reopened the Wish List for you to submit corrections. Please use this form and submit your comments BEFORE SEPTEMBER 27TH!
UPDATE (9/23/2026): We are one day past when we were told that drafts would be sent. I have received nothing as was told to us in the Pick meeting on 9/17.
UPDATE (9/17/2026): In the Pick meeting, Manager Mota said he would have pick drafts ready by Tuesday—along with a Pick effective date. Our union VP is trying to shove a "pilot program" down our throats that will allow the CTA mismanagement to assign Second Chancers to AM shifts (allegedly this will improve full-timer schedules). No Servicers I share it with want it. I had two Servicers as witnesses to hear VP Weems explain it. This will perpetuate more poverty among members because it helps the CTA keep the SCP as is—a form of modern day slavery. If the SCP is not a 6-month direct path to Full-Time employment where they are not punished worse than the rest of us, then nothing they want should be granted them by us (see my rewritten Second Chance Agreement here). Although Brother Lamont did a great job defending Servicers who are unjustly being taken off of their picked jobs, I was very disappointed that he did not join me in condemning this dastardly "pilot program." President Pennie muted me when I tried to explain how the SCP keeps CTA workers in poverty. She had her mismanager bros laughing. It showed me who she really serves. Please contact the union presidents and tell them not to pursue it.
UPDATE (9/15/2026): A punishment hearing was scheduled for me at the same time as the pick meeting. I asked the president to change it for 30 minutes later, but got no response (no surprise). Anything to make it hard for me to help the members!
UPDATE (9/3/2026): A Pick meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Sept. 17 from 1-2 pm. This was from an email to our presidents on Sept. 2nd and forwarded to me and Asst. Executive Board member Brother Lamont by our president. I do appreciate her sending it right away. Please submit any feedback about what you want for this pick through this form: https://forms.gle/dStSc6gGdxLorEoy7
As with every pick, this one is looking like it will be late. Our employer has no respect for the Contract. So to get ahead, I sent an email message on August 6th to Manager Mota.
I hope all is well. The time for our next Pick is approaching. Could we schedule a meeting soon? Thank you for your attention.
His representative responded right away:
Local 308 is in the process in coordinating a pick meeting thank you.
So whatever updates I receive will be posted at this blog. Bookmark it and check often.
Previous Picks:
Although I send out email updates when there are changes, you will see updates directly on the website faster. Register for email updates on the form below or at this link: https://bit.ly/3u213UD






Comments
Post a Comment
Please post your uncensored comments and questions.