The War on Workers at Kimball Shop
UPDATE (8/7/2026): I have submitted an inquiry on how to ensure that the 8/6 incident is included in the hearing. The ILRB Rules are not clear about amended charges for cases that already have a hearing scheduled.
UPDATE (8/6/2026): The same Kimball Shop mismanager illegally kicked me out again. See video on YouTube here. The arrogance of this person named in these charges is remarkable! I am looking forward to the hearing on September 15th.
UPDATE (8/5/2026): The Judge denied the Lie Department's ridiculous "Motion to Revoke." This is a small victory. Read the Judge's decision:
The CTA objects that Mr. Basir’s request for documents is unduly burdensome and
irrelevant to the Complaint. Mr. Basir requests the CTA’s complaints to the Chicago Police Department between January 1, 2024, and July 20, 2026; Emails and other digital communications regarding Mr. Basir between the Amalgamated Transit Union Local 308 President and three CTA managers; and CTA communications regarding the presence of and expulsion of Mr. Basir from the Kimball Shop on February 20, 2026 between 8:30 am and 5:30 pm. See Subpoena. 2
The CTA states in their motion that they completed a preliminary retrieval of the requested email boxes and determined that those records amounted to more than “500 gigabytes of data.” Mot. to Revoke at 4. They have not identified any other evidence showing why Mr. Basir’s request was unduly burdensome. Further, the CTA has not provided a sufficient basis for how the information requested might be irrelevant to Mr. Basir’s case. I find that the CTA has failed to establish a basis for revoking the subpoena, therefore the Motion to Revoke is denied.
UPDATE (8/4/2026): The CTA Lie Department is whining about fulfilling the subpoena request I made. So they initiated a "Motion to Revoke." Here is my response to the Judge:
Frankly, the Motion to Revoke by the Respondent is hypocritical. The Respondent is armed with an entire paid-staff to handle my request. Previously, the ILRB upheld a subpoena for the CTA's subpoena on me to provide THREE YEARS of communication records with a union member who filed an ULP against them (see case L-CA-24-005). I had to spend days of own time and effort to produce it. Knowing clearly about my mass organizing efforts with that member, the request only served to provide the CTA with evidence that could be used to punish me and other CTA workers who wish to improve our working conditions. There was no exception provided for me when I objected. The Respondent's mention of my request to combine ULP charges is a hint of a coverup for the CTA managers who are named in the charges. Additionally, the Respondent's admission that 500 GB of data would need to be produced spotlights the intense level of unjustified surveillance I am undergoing as an infamous personality at the CTA. As it was for me in L-CA-24-005, there should be granting of their Motion for the Respondent in my opinion.
UPDATE (8/2/2026): I am making progress on Pre-Hearing Memorandum for L-CA-26-024 and L-CA-26-031. The questions for the mismanagers who repeatedly violated Brother Mike Garcia are looking exceptionally sharp. The due date is October 6 and August 25th respectively. Subpoenas I submitted to the CTA Lie Department for L-CA-26-031 are due on August 8th. I am so proud of Brother Mike for allowing me to be his counsel and taking on Boss Worst and the terrorists at Kimball Shop. He is the FIRST member to file charges against the terrorists. He has taken massive hits on his record, his bank account and smeared by the traitor union rep, Cassie Collins. He is a brave warrior who should be celebrated throughout the Amalgamated Transit Union. I hope he joins me to be in service to the members as a steward and/or officer. Since I have FOUR cases about Kimball Shop, I will probably consolidate all updates to this article.
UPDATE (7/20/2026): The judge granted my motion to hold the hearing online (instead of in-person). This will take a huge burden off of me. Of course the attorneys in the CTA Lie Department totally objected. It feels good to stick it to them after all the hell they put us through. You can view the hearing through this Webex link on September 15th. My deadline for pre-hearing memorandum was changed to an earlier date of August 25th.
UPDATE (5/26/2026): Good news. Today, I received an email message from the ILRB investigator: My charges are worthy of a hearing. A deadline for response from the attorney in the CTA Lie Department is set for 15 days from now. A case number was assigned earlier: L-CA-26-031.
UPDATE (3/5/2026): I submitted my written responses to questions sent to me by the ILRB Investigator. View a redacted version of that email here.
UPDATE (2/26/2026): I emailed a two giant complaints about "Boss Worst" and "Manager Hell" to the CTA Board of Directors, CDOT Commissioner, two state senators on the Transportation Committee, CTA Labor Relations, CTA Employee Relations and the Local and International ATU Presidents. Additionally, I filed a new Unfair Labor Practice charge about being kicked out of the Kimball Shop breakroom on February 20th.
On February 20th I was illegally ordered to leave the Kimball Shop breakroom by CTA mismanagement. They called police, but I left before they showed up. This happened almost to the same day two years ago. Coworkers were glad I left because they want me to make it to the elections when they can put me in a better position to fight the mismanagers.
An ULP charge was submitted.
This is one week after I was illegally kicked out of a disciplinary hearing at Kimball Shop by another mismanager known by the nickname, Boss Worst.
I am going to keep preaching it until the torture ends: Kimball Shop mismanagers are destroying human lives and careers at an increasing rate.
I am witnessing healthy, motivated young men and women turn in to sick, injured and hopeless prisoners.
This has been documented for over two years.
As their elected union representative in a union with presidents who refuse to confront this barbarity, I am FORCED to increase the volume of its condemnation publicly.
This is no longer an issue of a few grievances and one bad apple. This is a form of terrorism which MUST be confronted and eradicated!
Activists, human rights organizations and newsmedia are free to contact me at 779-456-6460 to learn more.





Comments
Post a Comment
Please post your uncensored comments and questions.